Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Low Plain

                                                            The Administration has taken your request. Stop.
                                                            In Conference, Consensus reached. Stop.
                                                            For further information,close your eyes.
                                                            FULL STOP.


I sent the specimen to 11 Institutions of note.
I received 11 telegrams back,
The above being the only positive return.

My request:         Enclosed is one photo of
                           The Object.
I found it beneath my bed on the third day 
of January. I live alone. I live among few
possessions .There is no earthly reason for
it's arrival among my trappings. Your estab-
lishment being one of great exalt, I beg your
thorough examination. In payment, I
here for give rights of all findings to your
prestigious institute.I would be deeply
obliged for haste in answer to this query, as
the matter has a gravity in accord to my
own health.


Nineteen days have past since my initial finding. My left kidney has failed, 3 of my teeth and all of my fingernails have come away, 10 bones have splintered or broken in the course of normal mobility and I lost my hearing just houres ago. The very core of me is falling to pieces as I drift into sleep during all manner of activity and deep inside the most deranged and abstract nightmares, the likes of which I've never read nor conceived.


In my extremity, I do as the impersonal note reads. Close my eyes.


I am inside the rotunda of a sentient thing. A permanent vast. Dim with tissue whose thick is that of a planet. It hurts to know. There is nothing to distinguish any single place, only grey sameness eternal. Wretched timidity steals over me. I give in. It thinks for me. The intimacy is overwhelming. It tells me:


THIS IS BENIGN THIS IS BENIGN THIS IS BENIGN THIS IS BEINNG THIS IS BENIGN




I've no opinion. I've lost emotion. This is benign. This is Benign. This is BEnign. This is BENign. This is BENIgn. This is BENIGn. This is BENIGN. This Is BENIGN. This IS BENIGN. THis IS BENIGN. THIs IS BENIGN. THIS IS BENIGN. THIS IS BENIGN THIS IS   BENIGNTHISISBENIGNTHISISBEINNGTHISISBENIGNTHISISBEINNGTHISISBEINNGTHISISBENIGNBEINNGBENIGNBEINNGBENIGNBEINNGBENIGNBEINNGBENIGNBEINNG

No comments:

Post a Comment